UA Wellness Program
Complete activities to earn points and qualify for a $600 wellness rebate.
The University of Alaska is offering all employees and spouses/financially interdependent partners (FIPs) enrolled in the UA Choice Health Plan the opportunity to earn a rebate of up to $600 (each) on their FY22 health care contributions.
Dependent children are not eligible to earn a rebate.
To be eligible for the rebate payout, employees must meet the following criteria:
- Be currently employed by the University
- Be enrolled in a UA Choice Health Plan when the rebate is awarded.
To meet the program requirements, employees and spouses/FIPs must complete various activities with different point values. Once that activity is completed you'll be awarded those points. In order to be eligible for the wellness rebate (paid in November 2022), employees and spouses/FIPs must accumulate a total of 7 points by the June 30, 2022 deadline.
Once logged on complete the following types of activities to earn points towards your wellness rebate:
- Take your health risk assessment - this activity is REQUIRED - if you do not complete this activity you will not qualify for the rebate
- Schedule your wellness, dental, and eye preventative exams
- Connect your Fitbit directly from the site, or other devices through the PreventionCloud app
- Complete your tobacco-free attestation or enroll in tobacco cessation
- Sign up for coaching
- Take online classes and webinars
Login to your Prevention Cloud portal to access these activities and more.
- Select "Events" on the left side of your screen
- Click "Join" for "Biometric Screening Home Test Kits"
- This will take you to the page where you can order your test kit
- Choose "Order test kit" and fill out the required information
Alaska is full of incredible resources, including delicious ingredients. This challenge is designed to celebrate those ingredients in a healthy way. Do you have a favorite recipe using vegetables from your garden, wild game, Alaskan seafood, or the wild berries and mushrooms that can be foraged? Share it with us and earn 1 point toward your $600 wellness rebate and the high point raffle.
Recipes will be compiled into a cookbook and posted to PreventionCloud.
Notate which ingredients are Alaska harvested.
- Home-grown fruits/veggies
- Locally raised meats
- Foraged berries/mushrooms
- Wild game
No added sugar
No more than 2 premade* ingredients
- Store bought sauces
- Premade noodles
*If you premade the ingredient (ex. caribou sausage) it does not count toward your 2.
How to Participate
- Login to your PreventionCloud account
- Employees may use SSO at https://sso.preventioncloud.com/?type=alaska&env=production
- Spouses/FIPs may login at PreventionCloud.com
- Username: FIRSTNAMELASTNAMEBirthyear
- Password: Birthdate in the format MMDDYYYY
- Select “Activities” on the left-hand side of your dashboard
- Choose “Activity Forms” and then “Submit Forms”
- Choose “Alaska Recipe Challenge” from the dropdown menu and attach your recipe
- Click “Submit”
If you have any questions about the Alaska Recipe Challenge, please reach out to your dedicated program manager, Victoria Carver, at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Wellness Rebate issue date for FY21 participation has not been determined yet.
If you aren't sure whether or not you qualify for the rebate, please contact Victoria Carver.
Victoria Carver, MPH, CPH
Health and Wellness Coordinator
Use your UA Single Sign-On credentials
(UA Username and Password)
Password: Your birthday in MMDDYYYY format
You will be prompted to change your password after your first login.