The University of Alaska is a diverse and vibrant network of campus communities working toward making a difference in Alaskan communities.
We strive to create a diverse and inclusive community that reflects the unique heritage of our state. We strongly encourage and welcome applications from everyone, including: women, people of color, Alaska Native community members, those of bilingual and bicultural experience, individuals with disabilities, veterans, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and people who inhabit any of those intersections.
As a vital part of this network, our employees are driven by our core mission.
The University of Alaska inspires learning, and advances and disseminates knowledge through teaching, research, and public service, emphasizing the North and its diverse peoples. (Regents' Policy 01.01.01)
Campuses by the Numbers
Explore by Campus
The University of Alaska Fairbanks is a Land, Sea, and Space Grant university and an international center for research, education, and the arts, emphasizing the circumpolar North and its diverse peoples. UAF integrates teaching, research, and public service as it educates students for active citizenship and prepares them for lifelong learning and careers.
UAF's core themes
- Educate: Undergraduate and Graduate Students and Lifelong Learners
- Research: To Create and Disseminate New Knowledge, Insight, Technology, Artistic and Scholarly Works
- Prepare: Alaska's Career, Technical, and Professional Workforce
- Connect: Alaska Native, Rural, and Urban Communities by Sharing Knowledge and Ways of Knowing
- Engage: Alaskans through Outreach for Continuing Education and Community and Economic Development
Explore More UAF Locations
The mission of the University of Alaska Anchorage is to discover and disseminate knowledge through teaching, research, engagement, and creative expression. Located in Anchorage and on community campuses in Southcentral Alaska, UAA is committed to serving the higher education needs of the state, its communities, and its diverse peoples. The University of Alaska Anchorage is an open access university with academic programs leading to occupational endorsements; undergraduate and graduate certificates; and associate, baccalaureate, and graduate degrees in a rich, diverse, and inclusive environment.
UAA Core Aspirations
As a part of the UAA Strategic Plan 2025, the following five key aspirations have been developed to define UAA's shared expectations to achieve by the year 2025:
- Aspiration #1: We put students first.
- Aspiration #2: We create a culture of equity and inclusion by embracing our diversitys
- Aspiration #3: We embrace our role as a trusted and respected community partner.
- Aspiration #4: We positiviely impact communities and the world through innovation.
- Aspiration #5: We accelerate excellence through continuous improvement.
This set of five aspirations emerged following months of stakeholder engagement and comprehensive interaction at all levels of the UAA institution with the intent of focusing attention and resources on delivering high-quality education to meet the needs of the people of Alaska, and building a better future.
Explore More UAA Locations
The University of Alaska Southeast is recognized as a destination of choice for students seeking excellent academic programs and engaging learning opportunities that integrate the environment and cultures of Southeast Alaska.
- Student Success – provide the academic support and student services that facilitate student access and completion of educational goals
- Teaching and Learning – provide a broad range of programs and services resulting in student engagement and empowerment for academic excellence
- Community Engagement – provide programs and services that connect with local, state, national, and international entities on programs, events, services, and research that respond to the economic, environmental, social, and cultural needs and resources of Southeast Alaska
- Research and Creative Expression – provide programs and services that support research, scholarship, and creative expression by faculty and students
Explore More UAS Locations
See more about...