HR News Alerts
- University of Alaska Human Resources August Communication Update and past HR Communications Updates.
- As of July 1, the new Employee Assistance Program through ComPsych offers a variety of services designed to assist you and your family in resolving work/life issues in order to live happier, healthier, more balanced lives. These services are completely confidential and can be easily accessed by calling the 24/7 toll-free helpline at 1-888-969-0155.
- UA HR launches new communication tool for employees on July 1. Try out our Knowledge Base offerings or submit a Request for Assistance.
- University of Alaska Human Resources July Communication Update and past HR Communications Updates.
- University of Alaska Human Resources June Communication Update and past HR Communications Updates.
- Final Personal Holiday and Annual Leave Forfeiture reminders were sent to employees on Friday, June 3 to those who risk losing out on this valuable benefit.
- Reminder: Performance Review Deadline Approaching- 5/25/22 memo
- UA HR congratulates all UA graduates!
- University of Alaska Human Resources May Communications Update and past HR Communications Updates.
- UA HR Announces FY23 Open Enrollment - April 14 to May 6, 2022! Learn more or head straight to the FY23 Benefits Open Enrollment Form before May 6, 2022 to ensure your changes are effective July 1, 2022. If you have questions or concerns, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- New: FY22 Supplemental Annual Leave Cash-In program announced 3/29/22
Employees that have pay issued during an adjustment run will receive their payment directly to their banks, if they have direct deposit set up. In the past, paper checks were printed and mailed. The improvement helps our employees get their money more quickly and safely. If you are interested in starting a direct deposit or changing your existing direct deposit, please complete the UA Direct Deposit Form. 3/28/22
ETB Announces FY 23 Open Enrollment Dates - April 14 to May 6, 2022.
Employee's 1095-C documents for 2021 will NOT be available online through UAOnline this year. If you do not receive a 1095-C in the mail, please contact email@example.com.
UA HR Labor and Employee Engagement offers tools and resources. HRC’s and UA HR offices system wide have updated digital labor law posters available for employee review. Federal Labor Law Posters CY22 / Alaska Labor Law Posters CY22
- UA Employee Memo - 2/3/2002 - COVID-19 Administrative Leave Usage
- UA HR ETB team announces a new behavioral health benefit for families that is covered by Premera health plans. Brightline brings you extraordinary behavioral health care for kids and teens, and support for parents and caregivers like you. Even better? It’s all delivered virtually, so you can get support when and where you need it. With Brightline, you’ll have support for all of the everyday challenges so many of us are dealing with, and common conditions that many kids and teens experience. So whether that’s school pressure or navigating IEP processes, stress, anxious thoughts, navigating social media or cyberbullying, tough behavior, self esteem issues, sleep problems — whatever you have going on, Brightline can help. Get started and for questions, reach out to the Brightline team at 888-224-7332. For questions about your health plan benefits, please call the customer service number on the back of your Premera ID card.
- UA Employee Memo - Performance Reviews are underway for non-represented employees and due for completion by June 30, 2022. For more details see: Acting CHRO Announces Performance Management options for 2022.
- UA employees may now access the online version of their 2021 W-2 in UA online. After you login, select "Employee Service" and then "Tax Forms". A printed 2021 W-2 will be postmarked by 1/31/22.
- University of Alaska Human Resources January Communications Update and past HR Communications Updates.
- 2022 W-4 Federal Withholding Information - The 2022 Form W-4 Employee's Withholding Certificate, has not yet been released by the IRS. As soon as a new form is released, we will notify you. Until then, you may use the 2021 W-4 version to make any changes to your withholdings. If your withholding allowances have changed or will change for the new year, please submit a new W-4 online and if you do not submit, withholding will continue based on your previous submission.
- Reminder: Holiday Closures for University of Alaska
- University of Alaska Human Resources December Communications Update and past HR Communication Updates
- Question & Answer with UA HR (vaccinations, exemptions and guidelines) recording & passcode: @RT9@@Fb
- Memo 11/15/21: UA Employees Affected by Vaccine Requirements
- Winter & Holiday Closures for 2021 Announced by CHRO Office. Please note that personal Holidays are allowed to be used during hard/soft closures.
- Members of HR Leadership developed and have launched the HRC training schedule for the 2021/2022 sessions. Includes course description, responsible team, expected learning outcome and registration link. See HRC Training schedule for more info.
- The Remote Work website has launched and is housed in a new area on the UA website.
- UA HR operations in Anchorage have relocated to the Bragaw Office Building. The official address is: 1815 Bragaw Street, Suite 102, Anchorage, Alaska 99508 and the phone and fax lines remain the same (Phone: 907-450-8200 and Fax: 907-450-8201).
- UA HR operations in Anchorage are scheduled to relocate to the Bragaw Building the week of October 4th and we hope to be up and operating the latter part of that week. Please be aware that as we transition to our new space, it is still business as usual. While the office is being packed and we are surrounded by boxes, we are able to continue to provide all services in Anchorage until our scheduled move date. Effective this October, the official address will be: 1815 Bragaw Street, Suite 102, Anchorage, Alaska 99508.
- TouchCare, the new employee healthcare vendor provides five "getting to know your benefits" webinars. Contact ETB for recording link.
- COVID-19 Information pages are updated frequently as the situation changes. These pages include FAQs, resources and specific information about our three universities.
- HR Employee Transitions and Benefits announces partnership with TouchCare - new employee healthcare vendor as of 7/1/21
- Q & A sessions- for the transition to work- see memo re: Update for COVID Phase C Transition - returning to workplace documentation (6/10/21)
- UA Human Resources conducted five general Q&A sessions regarding Operational Phase C return to work guidelines and invited all UA employees to attend. Easy access to the information: recording (use the Zoom provided password:^6AtjdnF), slide presentation, telework agreement, telework cancellation or view a Sample Telework Agreement for COVID Phases form.
- New Onboarding and Offboarding pages added to HR website (4/28/21)
- Open Enrollment (4/15-5/7, 2020)
- The new Remote Work website was launched in October 2021 and replaces the UA Remote Work Project site.
- COVID-19 Furlough FAQ's (INTERMITTENT)
- COVID-19 Furlough FAQ's (OFF-CONTRACT)
- COVID-19 Furlough FAQ's (REDUCED FTE)
- Performance Management Training
- Mandatory Employee Training
- Education Savings Plan (Alaska 529)
- Annual Leave Cash-In Expanded for EX, FR,XR Employees