Commercial Travel Card Program
- Airfare should be purchased through the booking tool using a university ghost card.
- Travelers should use university-paid corporate cards issued in the traveler’s name to incur travel expenses.
Travel Agency Card
- Held by UA's travel agency, Corporate Travel Management (CTM)
- Considered a “ghost” or “lodge” card because the plastic does not exist
- Pays for airfare and related expenses (e.g. agent fees) booked through the booking tool or directly with CTM
- Also used by CTM to pay for lodging pay requests
UA Travel Card
- Available to any employee traveling on authorized UA business
- University billed and paid
- Pays for all remaining travel expenses
- Transactions feed directly into the cardholder’s "Available Expenses" in the Concur Expense module for easy reconciliation
Here are examples of travel items cardholders can purchase:
- Airfare related charges such as baggage fees and internet
- Lodging including hotels, Airbnb and VRBO
- Car rental and related expenses such as fuel and parking
- Ground transportation such as taxis, Uber, Lyft and trains
- Food and beverages during travel ("per diem offset” or “actual meal”)
- Registration fees
- Field supplies for remote fieldwork
Learn more on our Travel Card Program page.