Job Forms and Setups
The University of Alaska uses Job Forms and Electronic Personnel Action Forms (EPAFs) to set up or make changes to employee job assignments. These tools give the UA HR Personnel team the data needed to update Banner HR correctly.
Each employee type has slightly different guidelines or requirements which are spelled out in more detail on these pages.
General Job Form References
- HR Personnel Dates & Deadlines
- FY23 Chart of Pay Periods (PDF)
- Job Change Reason Code Listing
- Job Change Reasons & Procedures
- Compatible Employee Classes Crosswalk
- E-Class Crosswalk (Salary Table/BCAT/LCAT)
- Salary Table & Grade Guide
- Job Title Pooled PCN Crosswalk
- Factor Calculator
- Labor Account Codes
Preparing packets for Submission
The following guides outline the process for combining the multiple required documents into one PDF for upload to NextGen. The university currently uses FoxIt PDF Editor for PDF needs, however in case your department still has licenses available for Adobe Acrobat, we have retained our Adobe Acrobat Guide for your reference.
Submitting Job Forms through NextGen
Job forms are due to Personnel at least five business days before they are effective. During peak seasons, such as the start of a new semester, job forms may be due sooner. Please be sure to reference the Semester Dates & Deadlines above for the most current due dates. The Personnel Team will review job forms and commit to having them entered or returned to the department for correction within five business days of receipt.
There are two envelopes for submitting job forms to Personnel for review and data entry.
- New hires or rehires
- New Hire: displays "Active" in PEAEMPL with an accompanying message in Banner: "Query caused no records to be retrieved. Re-enter" and no additional employee information.
- Rehire: displays "Terminated" in PEAEMPL with the termination date and termination code from the employee's previous assignment.
- Existing employees
- Existing employees are those who are Active in PEAEMPL with all relevant employee job information and no termination date or termination code.
How to Submit:
- To submit documents, choose the appropriate link to go to the form. Your information will auto populate. Complete the required fields, upload the documents, and then hit “next” to submit. The documents will be sent to the HR Personnel Technicians for entry.
- After you submit your envelope, you will get an email confirming your submission.
You’ll also be notified once the technician has finished entering the job forms into
- Please do not submit paper job forms after uploading them to NextGen to prevent potential duplication of entries.
- At the bottom left-hand side of the form screen, click the “Save Progress” button.
- To finish your electronic envelope, you will need to log into the UA NextGen Dynamic Forms Dashboard.
- Click on Pending/Draft Forms and you will be taken to a list of your in-progress form(s).
- Click on the document you would like to continue and choose the “Complete the form” link.
- You can review documents you have submitted by choosing the “Forms History” link from the dashboard.
- If the Personnel Team has to return a packet to you, you will receive an email outlining the reasons it is being returned for correction.
- Our team only returns items that cannot be entered. Common reasons include:
- Missing job forms or required backup documents
- Incorrect fund/org codes
- Missing authorizations
- In the email there will be a link that will take you back to the original form you submitted.
- Replace the attached file with the corrected version and resubmit it to Personnel
- Each NextGen form is like an intercampus envelope. Please have all forms with the same employee class uploaded in the same electronic envelope. Example: All student employees in one envelope, adjuncts in another envelope.
- When submitting a new hire packet, the complete packet (Job form, Contract/Appointment letter, Personnel Demographic Form, Direct Deposit, and other applicable documents) needs to be uploaded as one PDF and submitted in the envelope.
- If the technician needs to send back the job form/new hire packet for correction it will be emailed to the address listed in the electronic envelope.