The University of Alaska strives to create online and physical spaces where all people are treated with courtesy, compassion, dignity, and respect. UA is working to ensure that our online resources, our application process, our events, activities, and campuses are accessible to people with disabilities.
The 1990 Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the 2008 ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, other federal and state laws, and the University of Alaska Notice of Nondiscrimination require that individuals with disabilities have equal opportunity to enjoy campus programs, activities, resources, and benefits.
Policy & Regulation
Explore the University of Alaska’s Board of Regents’ policies on reasonable accommodation:
- Reasonable Accommodation for People with Disabilities: Prohibition Against Discrimination on the Basis of Disability (See section 04.02.30)
- Recruitment Procedure: Reasonable Accommodation (See section 04.03.012)
- Screening and Selection Process (See section 04.03.021)
University Accessibility Procedures
Please visit the Workplace Accommodation page to access information about the following procedures and related guidance.
- Workplace Accommodation Procedures for Employees
- Workplace Accommodation Procedures for Student Employees
- Job Application Assistance
- Accessibility for Visitors
- Student Academic Accommodation Request Procedures
- Website Accessibility
- Accessibility Grievance Procedures
- Reporting a Barrier
Contact the Equity Team
The UA Equity Team is dedicated to providing accessibility support and accommodations for applicants, employees, and visitors inside and outside of the workplace. For accommodations, support, and related inquiries, contact the Equity team by email at email@example.com or by phone at (907) 450-8200.