Gift Management and Fees
Fees allow the Foundation to maintain over 1,800 distinct funds, and:
- build and maintain relationships with friends and alumni
- provide receipts for all donations
- offer investment oversight
- conduct accounting and tax reporting
- create and maintain systems for constituent data management
- process all gifts to the UA system
- report on contributions to university departments
- vet each disbursement request against established criteria
- steward donors
- providing fund, scholarship, and endowment reports
Fees and gifts fund the UA Foundation operations. The UA Foundation charges a one-time administrative fee of 5% on most gifts. Gifts to endowments have a 1% administrative fee. Invested funds also carry an 1% annual fee.
The Foundation's fee structure is reviewed and approved by the Foundation's Board of Directors in consultation with the University of Alaska system.