UA offices will be closed during Thanksgiving and winter breaks
Most University of Alaska offices will be closed for the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday and winter break. Essential student and campus services will remain staffed.
Here is what you need to know:
- Campuses and offices are closed Nov. 28-Dec. 1. Only essential services will remain open.
Winter break closure:
- Winter closure will be Dec. 24, 2019 - Jan. 1, 2020.
- Additional soft closure days may be observed Dec. 18-23, 2019, and Jan. 2-3, 2020.
- Winter break includes four paid holidays: Dec. 24, Dec. 25, Dec. 31 and Jan. 1.
- Employees will need to take annual leave, leave without pay or faculty time off: Dec.
26, 27 and 30.
- Employees who choose to participate in the soft closure period will need to take annual leave or leave without pay. Faculty can also choose to take faculty time off.
- Employees should coordinate with their supervisors regarding leave options and schedules. Employees should be aware that retirement service credit for PERS may be affected if leave without pay exceeds 10 days in a creditable year.
If you have additional questions, please contact Human Resources firstname.lastname@example.org or 907-450-8200.