Cost of Attendance
Alaska's universities are consistently rated as some of the most
affordable in the United States.
- In-state undergraduate tuition and fees are approximately $8,970 (2020-21); out-of-state undergraduate tuition and fees are $26,640 (2020-21). Tuition and fees vary by university and from campus to campus, and actual costs will depend on program, course level, number of credits taken, residency, living arrangements and lifestyle.
- On-campus room and board is approximately $10,000 - $12,500 depending on location, room and meal plans.
- Tuition is reduced by 25 percent for select Career and Technical Education program
Learn more about our workforce training discount
Who is eligible for resident tuition?
Lineal descendants of current Alaskan residents qualify for resident tuition. Lineal descent includes children, parents, grandparents and great grandparents.
Students who graduated within the past 12 months from an Alaska high school are eligible
for resident tuition rates.
In most cases, this information is reported to UA and students will not be required to submit the residency application.
Students who received or have been qualified by the State of Alaska to receive an Alaska Permanent Fund dividend within the last 12 months are eligible for resident tuition rates. In most cases, this information is reported to UA and students will not be required to submit the residency application.
Students with the following military affiliations are eligible for resident tuition rates:
- Active duty United States military and their spouse and dependent children
- United States veterans eligible for a Veterans Administration education benefit, and their spouse and dependent children
- Members of the National Guard and Reservists, their spouses and dependent children, regardless of whether they yet qualify as residents of the state under any other requirements
Dependent children of a person who graduated and holds an associate, bachelor's, master's or doctoral's degree from any University of Alaska institution are eligible for resident tuition.