UA Ergonomic Program
What is Ergonomics?
What can cause CTDs:
- Do you spend several hours working at a computer terminal each day?
- Does your computer work require use of a mouse or other pointing device?
- Does your job require repetitive tasks for long periods of time (e.g. filing, lifting, sorting, etc.)?
To provide safe working conditions for our employees and reduce workers compensation losses, the System Office of Risk Services has developed an ergonomic program. The program consists of education, information resources, and, for departments with limited resources, financial assistance in equipment modification or procurement. Some campus ergonomic programs include assistance through the SW Loss Prevention program.
As part of the Statewide Ergonomics Program the Risk Services Department may facilitate ergonomic assessments for employees. Prior to requesting an ergonomic assessment Statewide employees shall take the following steps:
- Take Ergonomics training. This may be done online through SkillSoft. Employees should search for "Office Ergonomics" esh_sah_a64_sh_enus in the SkillSoft catalog.
- Complete an Ergonomic Self Assessment. Employees may pick up an Ergonomic Self Assessment in the Butrovich Building Suite 001. Statewide Employees not located in Fairbanks may contact Risk Services to request a self assessment be sent to them.
- Request an Ergonomic Assessment if needed.
Loss Prevention Funds may be available for applications that meet the program criteria.
Statewide has a $200.00 cap on funding for Ergonomic Equipment. This cap may be subject
to change without notice at anytime due to funding availability.