Claims & Incidents
If this is an emergency, call 911 immediately.
System Office of Risk Services Claim Staff
The Risk Services Claims unit maintains a staff of claims professionals to assist individuals and departments who have sustained a loss or injury.
Please complete an incident report as soon as it is safe to do so for the following:
- UA Employee Injuries (including student workers)
- Non-employee Injuries
- Damaged Property
- Damaged Vehicles
- Unsafe Conditions
The Risk Services Claim staff receive the incident report as soon as you submit it electronically. Environmental, health and safety offices at each main campus also receive notification of new incidents, providing a coordinated response to injuries, damage, and safety.
Under University of Alaska Board of Regents Policy 05.09.040, the System Office of Risk Services must be notified if any of the following events occur:
Notify SORS immediately:
- Any occurrence affecting the UA system that resulted in a loss of life or requiring the hospitalization of one or more people.
- Any declared disaster within the UA system at any campus or facility
- Any situation requiring the implementation of either a campus or UA Emergency Operations Plan that will necessitate first responders such as the Fire Department or Police.
Notify SORS within eight hours:
- Property damage or loss expected to result in a claim over $10,000.
- Any environmental release that is reportable to either a Federal, State, or Local regulatory agency.
Notify SORS within 24 hours:
- All injuries to third parties (anyone who is not an employee).
- Any employee injuries requiring a doctor visit or time off work.
- All motor vehicle accidents involving UA and a third party.
- Any other situation that may give rise to an adverse claim against UA.