Winter parking lot etiquette
Now that it's winter, here is a reminder about parking lot etiquette in the Butrovich lot.
Parking lot tips:
- Since the snow is covering up the lines, please use the markings on the retaining
wall. *Your car should be in the middle of the horizontal lines.*
- The vertical lines on the wall are the open space around vehicles. Please make sure
to check this even if you are backing into the parking space.
- When you park where there are only head bolt heaters (no wall with guidelines)- please
make sure you park on either side of an outlet (it should not be directly in the middle
of your car nor you should notyour car be in the middle of of centered between posts). This is for applies both to the far lot and the spaces right in front of the building.
- The guest parking spaces are for guests ONLY. They are not for staff. Please do not
park in these spaces.
- The area in front of the flagpole is also not for staff parking. This area is for UAF Police and Facilities Services when they have work in the building.