Frequently Asked Questions

UA Land does not offer financing for sales of its land.

The University offers land for sale on cash purchase terms and conditions. Cash purchases require that the entire balance of the purchase price be paid at the time of closing. The buyer is free to obtain financing from an outside source. The University of Alaska no longer offers financing for land it sells. 

If you currently have a University loan, it cannot be assumed by a new buyer. The University loan must be paid in full.   

The website is updated on an as needed basis and the land listed on the website is what is currently offered.

The University allows a wide range of permitted activities and casual use on its lands.  Casual use examples are individuals hiking, berry picking, mushroom harvesting, etc... For more information or questions please contact us.

The University is exploring the option of offering hunting permits on select University lands. 

 No, homesteading is a State of Alaska program.
Yes, depending on where you would like to mine and any restrictions on the land. Please contact us here.
At this time the firewood permit and the land use application fee are the only online options.  We are continually updating and improving our website.