During your time at the University of Alaska, be sure to take advantage of the career exploration and professional development opportunities available to you. No matter where you are on your career journey, Career Services has the tools and resources to support you; explore career pathways, build professional networks and employer connections, develop skills through internships and experiential opportunities, and pursue your post-graduate goals.
Visiting Career Services early and often, is one of the most important steps towards achieving career success and feeling confident in one’s career direction. Career services offers these free resources to all UA students:
- One-on-one career advising
- Assistance with resumes, cover letters, and mock-interviews
- Access to Handshake, UA’s career management platform
- Support finding on-campus student employment
- Internship, part-time, and full-time job postings
- Career development workshops and resources
- Hiring events, career fairs, and networking opportunities with employers and alumni
- Career, skill, and interest assessments
Handshake, the University of Alaska’s career management platform
Students and Alumni can access thousands of internships and jobs that align with your interests, discover career and networking events, and more, all through Handshake. To get started, visit alaska.joinhandshake.com and log in with your UA username and password. Alumni may also request access with their preferred non-student email. With Handshake you can:
- Discover jobs in personalized recommendations based on your major and interests.
- Find career and networking events on campus or virtually.
- Explore thousands of jobs and internships available to you.
- Schedule appointments for support with resumes and cover letters, mock interviews, career exploration, and more.
- Connect with employers and peers with direct messaging.
- Manage your on-campus interviews with employers.
- Access through an easy to use, accessible online platform and mobile app.
UA Career Coach, Discover your interests, majors, and careers
Career Coach is a web-based tool to explore career and higher education opportunities. Easily browse current Alaska job postings, learn about workforce training and educational opportunities and access current Alaska labor market and wage data using simple online tools. Visit https://alaska.emsicc.com/ to learn more. With Career Coach you can:
- Take assessments that match your interests to specific college majors.
- Learn more about in-demand careers in several industries.
- Use a resume builder to put together a professional resume.
- For Military Veterans: Find civilian careers related to your military occupation.
Contact campus Career Services professionals:
UA Graduate Surveys
University graduates share feedback on their UA experiences: