The following funding opportunities can provide resources to further workforce development in the State of Alaska.
- GovDelivery Subscription Portal - Grant Notifications
- Workforce Funding Administered by State of Alaska Department of Labor and Workforce Development
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)
- Carl D. Perkins Career & Technical Education Improvement Act
The State Training and Employment Program is administered by the Alaska Department of Labor and Workforce Development, Division of Employment and Training Services and funded by a portion of the Unemployment Insurance Trust Fund. The purpose of STEP is to enhance the quality and make Alaska job training and employment assistance easily available to employers, employees, and future workers. The University of Alaska (UA) can submit one coordinated application annually. The below links provide details on STEP and how to participate in UA's internal selection process to determine what programs or projects will participate in the application process.
The Technical Vocational Education Program (TVEP) provides grants to high-demand career and technical education entities for industry-specific, on-the-job and classroom training.
- TVEP Statutes
- House Bill 235
- University of Alaska 2021 TVEP Reauthorization Package
- TVEP Fiscal Year 20 Performance Report
Funding annoucements are posted as they are made available on the UA Workforce Programs blog. Click here for more information and provide your email address, on the left column of the blog, to receive regular updates.