The following funding opportunities can provide resources to further workforce development in the State of Alaska (SOA). We will add opportunities to this funding resource list as they are identified. If you have information about specific funding programs or grants that are not provided here, please contact us.
- GovDelivery Subscription Portal - Grant Notifications
- Workforce Funding Administered by SOA Department of Labor and Workforce Development
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)
- Trade Adjustment Assistance Community College & Career Training Grant
- Carl D. Perkins Career & Technical Education Improvement Act
The State Training and Employment Program is administered by the Alaska Department of Labor and Workforce Development, Division of Employment and Training Services and funded by a portion of the Unemployment Insurance Trust Fund. The purpose of STEP is to enhance the quality and make Alaska job training and employment assistance easily available to employers, employees, and future workers. The University of Alaska (UA) can submit one coordinated application annually. The below links provide details on STEP and how to participate in UA's internal selection process to determine what programs or projects will participate in the application process.
The Technical Vocational Education Program (TVEP) provides grants to high-demand career and technical education entities for industry-specific, on-the-job and classroom training.
Note: Try a different internet browser if you experience difficulty downloading the below documents.
- TVEP Statutes
- House Bill 235
- University of Alaska 2020 TVEP Reauthorization Package
- TVEP Fiscal Year 19 Performance Report
Funding annoucements are posted as they are made available on the UA Workforce Programs blog. Click here for more information and provide your email address, on the left column of the blog, to receive regular updates.