University of Alaska Advocacy Materials
FY24 Advocacy Materials:
- FY24 Budget Overview
- FY24 Budget HIghlights
- FY24 Capital Budget
- FY24 Drone continuation funding
- 2023 UA Fast Facts
- 2023 TVEP Reauthorization
- 2023 Education Tax Credit
- Perfecting your "elevator pitch"
University FY24 Budget Materials
Publications available from the Strategy, Planning, and Budget Office include:
- Governor's Budget
- Operating and Capital Budget Requests (Redbook)
- Authorized Operating and Capital Budget (Yellowbook)
- Legislative Intent Language Responses
- Budget planning documents, facilities inventory and more
#supportUA on social media
Social media is a great place to share positive news about the university - and to respectfully correct misinformation when you encounter it. As always, the most effective tool is your personal story. Share how you have been impacted by the University of Alaska, why you support funding the university and why you oppose huge cuts to education.
Contact your representatives
When contacting legislators remember to make your communication personal to your own views. While it’s good to be aware of the University of Alaska budget, it’s preferable to talk to legislators about what you know best.
If you live in a particular legislative district—speak to your representatives as a voter and constituent; tell them specific ways you’d like to see them support UA.