Student Regent (University of Alaska) and Student Commissioner (Alaska Commission on Postsecondary Education)
Student Regent and Student Commissioner nominees are selected through elections held by UA campus student organizations. Elections must be held by February 15, 2023.
Campus student associations are responsible for forwarding election results and application material to the Board of Regents' Office by March 1, 2023.
The appointment term is June 1, 2023 through May 31, 2025.
1. campus election certification
2. names of candidates in campus election and vote tally
3. letters of recommendation
4. proof of cumulative 2.5 G.P.A. (unofficial transcript)
5. resume or brief personal biography
6. copy of Alaska Driver’s License or other Alaska State I.D.
Questions regarding the process should be directed to Brandi Berg, Board of Regents' Office, University of Alaska Statewide System, (907) 450-8010, or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Learn about the entire UA system. Visit the Planning and Institutional Research web site to check out UA in Review.
- Learn about UA's current issues by viewing the board's Accountability page.
- Start preparing your professional resume.
- Get involved in Student Leadership opportunities on your campus.
- Read The Young Guardians. A field guide for student board members.
Get your name on the ballot. Each campus is going to have a slightly different process for selecting the two nominees. So make sure you are in contact with the right person.
- check out our campus contact page
- speak with your student governance leader
- get support from your campus chancellor/director