To fairly report the University's financial activities to external authorities and guide the many internal contributors in compliance with required standards.
- Prepare financial statements and reports including the annual audited financial statements, OMB Circular A-133 Single Audit, Education Trust of Alaska, IPEDS, Unrelated Business Income Tax Return and other requests for financial data.
- Implement new accounting pronouncements to ensure compliance with state, federal and university standards.
- Liaison with the State of Alaska for requesting and monitoring of all general fund and capital appropriations.
- Record and monitor all university endowment activity including the Land Grant Trust and its related funds.
- Account for new debt issuance and all debt service activity including the annual debt compliance report.
- Central office for university accounting best practices and procedures.
- Depository for Statewide and University of Alaska Foundation receipts.