The Employee Experience Survey Results
February 9, 2024
The News: Earlier this week, university leadership shared the initial results of the Employee Engagement Survey that HR conducted last fall on behalf of the entire UA System. Thank you to the more than 2,300 employees who participated; we hope to see participation increase even more in future surveys.
- University and System Office leadership are beginning to dig into and review the survey results with our leadership teams.
- In the coming week, leadership will develop strategies and action plans to address specific areas for improvement at our universities, System Office, and system as a whole.
Why It Matters: We’re committed to using these results - and the results of future surveys - to improve not just our operations and efficiency but also the overall experience that all employees at UA have across the system.
- There are no silver bullets, and we won’t be able to improve every single metric all at once. But we will be looking to you for feedback as we prioritize actions and next steps to improve your experience at UA.
The Results: At a broad level, the results show some very positive signs, which is notable given the major challenges our system has pulled through over the last several years.
- 2/3 of employees surveyed are engaged, and motivated to meet or exceed their goals.
- 2/3 of employees surveyed are likely to stay at UA.
- 3/4 of employees surveyed said employment at UA met or exceeded their expectations.
- There are high levels of trust in and communication with supervisors across the system.
There are also opportunities for improvement, including those below. They all need to be addressed; again, we’ll prioritize them as part of the process.
- Half of employees surveyed are satisfied with how they communicate with University leadership and vice-versa.
- Only 1/3 of employees surveyed believe that our internal processes prioritize employee productivity. That said, supervisors received high marks for removing barriers and providing access to resources needed for our employees to be effective in their jobs.
Go Deeper: UA employees can access the Employee Experience Survey Results by clicking the button on this page. You must use your UA Credentials to log in; if you do not have access, please request it through this form. Requesters can expect a response within two business days.
The survey is a tool for University leadership to assess employee feedback and opportunities for improvement. The headlines for the entire system, individual universities, and system office are available there, but the more granular data is being made available only to Deans, Directors, and those above in the reporting structure - both to protect the anonymity of all participants, and so those leaders can work within their organization to improve the employee experience.