Update on the UAS Chancellor Search
November 4, 2022
UAS Chancellor search committee co-chairs, Jennifer Ward and John Pugh, announced in an email to the UAS community that 40 applications were received for the position, and 25 passed the preliminary screening.
The committee is now doing intermediate screenings, and will convene on November 17 and 18 to discuss. Their goal is to identify as many applicants as possible who meet qualifications for an initial interview with the committee. They plan to complete this step by November 18.
In December, there will be Zoom interviews of all of the semi-finalists, after which the finalists will be identified.
Campus visits with the finalists will be held in late January and early February. They are looking forward to vibrant participation from the university community in Juneau, Ketchikan, and Sitka.
- Week of Nov 14 Committee identifies semi-finalists
- Week of Dec 5 Search committee interviews semi-finalists virtually (6-8)
- Week of Dec 12 Finalists forwarded to President Pitney
- Week of Jan 23 Finalists have in-person meetings (2-4)
Search Committee Meetings:
- Thursday, November 17 from 1-5 p.m.
- Friday, November 18 from 1-5 p.m.
The Chancellor search web page has more information on the position profile, timeline, and committee members.