Employee Assistance Program helps with legal and financial challenges
From locating child care facilities, to legal assistance, and financial challenges, Deer Oaks Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is only a phone call away. The program’s qualified professionals are here to help University of Alaska employees and their families at no cost. These services are completely confidential and can be easily accessed 24/7, offering around-the-clock assistance for all of life's challenges.
The EAP program and work-life services are available nationwide and accessible 24/7
by calling the toll-free Helpline number, using the iConnectYou App, or instant messaging
with a work-life consultant through the online instant messaging system.
You can click this link or go to the website at www.deeroakseap.com, using the username of : UofA and password UofA, and find many online tools and resources, and access to instant messaging with a Work/Life Consultant through their LiveCONNECT feature. You can also download the iConnectYou app from the App Store or Google Play, just use passcode 124773 to register.
Here is an overview of the financial and legal services available through your EAP:
- Advantage Legal Assist: Free 30 minute telephonic or in-person consultation with a plan attorney; 25% discount
on hourly attorney fees if representation is required; unlimited online access to
a wealth of educational legal resources, links, tools and forms; and interactive online
Simple Will preparation.
- Advantage Financial Assist: Unlimited telephonic consultation with an Accredited Financial Counselor qualified
to advise on a range of financial issues such as bankruptcy prevention, debt reduction
and financial planning; supporting educational materials available; unlimited online
access to a wealth of educational financial resources, links, tools and forms (i.e.
tax guides, financial calculators, etc.). Consultation around identity theft and recovery
is also available.
- Interactive Online Simple Will Preparation: Create a legally-binding simple state specific will at no cost through a step by step online "interview process." Access this service through the member website (log in information is above).
- Work-life Services: Work-life consultants are available to assist you with a wide range of daily living resources such as locating pet sitters, event planners, home repair, tutors, travel planning, and moving services. Simply call the Helpline for resource and referral information.
- Child & Elder Care Referrals: Child and elder care specialists can help you with your search for licensed child and elder care facilities in your area. They will discuss your needs, provide guidance, resources, and qualified referral packets. Searchable databases and other resources are also available on the Deer Oaks member website.
- Take the High Road Ride Reimbursement Program: Deer Oaks reimburses members for their cab, Lyft and Uber fares in the event that
they are incapacitated due to impairment by a substance or extreme emotional condition.
This service is available once per year per participant, with a maximum reimbursement
of $45.00 (excludes tips).