Laptops available 'at-cost' to DepartmentsOIT has standard laptops in stock and available 'at-cost' to departments. No shipping delays. Learn More>>
The specifications that follow are the baseline recommendations for standard and performance computers. The OIT Service Desk can also provide custom quotes based on your needs and budget.
Windows and Mac computers are both fully supported by OIT. When choose a platform, select one that is not only familiar to you, but also supports the applications you will need to use. For a list of available University-licensed software available for each platform please see Software Downloads.
Recommendations - Baseline Specifications
|Processor||Intel Core i5||Intel Core i5||Intel Core i7 or i9|
|Storage (Solid State Drive)||250GB +
Depending on data storage needs)
Depending on data storage needs
Depending on data storage needs
|Graphics||Intel HD Integrated Graphics||Intel HD Integrated Graphics||Nvidia or AMD
|Service Contract||Dell: Minimum 3 year Basic Hardware Service & Accidental CoverageApple: AppleCare+ for Mac||Dell: Minimum 3 year Basic Hardware Service & Accidental CoverageApple: AppleCare+ for Mac||Dell: Minimum 3 year Basic Hardware Service & Accidental CoverageApple: AppleCare+ for Mac|
OIT recommends the following laptop and desktop computers based on reliability, support, and performance. OIT has a contract with both Dell and Apple, allowing for purchase of computers at a discounted price with enterprise-level support. Beyond these recommendations, OIT cannot guarantee support for other computer brands or those purchased from other vendors. The contracted vendor for UA Dell purchases is Government Computer Sales, GCSIT.
Detailed Model Recommendations
|Windows Desktop||Dell Optiplex 7070 Micro||Dell Precision 3431|
|Windows Laptop||Dell Latitude 5400||Dell Precision Mobile 3541|
|Windows All-In-One (AIO)||Dell Optiplex 7470 AIO||Dell Optiplex 7770 AIO|
|macOS Desktop||Apple Mac Mini||Apple Mac Pro|
|macOS Laptop||Apple Macbook Pro 13” without touch bar||Apple Macbook Pro 15” with touch bar|
|macOS All-In-One (AIO)||Apple iMac||Apple iMac Pro|
- Pre-configured Dell configurations recommended by OIT
- If these pre-configured options do not meet your needs, you can “build your own” from the shop tab or request a consultation and custom e-quote from the OIT Service Desk.
- We recommend the "standard" options for general use, and the "performance" options for resource-intensive use.
- Add the needed computer(s), monitor(s), and other peripherals to the cart.
- From the cart, create an e-quote.
- Once e-quote is created, save this e-quote as a PDF. Email the PDF to email@example.com, and request that a GCS quote be created.
- GCS will respond with a quote and instructions on how to complete the order.
- Place a request with the OIT Service Desk to have an account created for you in Dell Premier, including the billing address that will need to be added for this account.
- The Service Desk will complete your request as quickly as possible, but please note that it can take up to five business days for Dell to add the billing address once the Service Desk process is finished.
- Once your request is processed, you will receive an email with a link to reset your temporary password.
- Login to Dell Premier using this link (note that the Dell premier login will be different than a standard dell account if you also have one).
- Once logged in, you can use the shop tab at the top of the screen to access our standard configurations, “build your own” computer, and purchase anything that is added to your cart (once your billing address has been added).
- You may also request a consultation and custom e-quote for you to purchase from the OIT Service Desk.