UA Board of Regents to hold full board meeting Sept. 9-10
Sept. 3, 2021
University of Alaska Board of Regents to hold board meeting Sept. 9-10
Who: University of Alaska Board of Regents
What: Two-day meeting of the full board will focus attention on university issues including:
- Approval of a Bachelor of Arts degree program in Early Childhood Education at UAA;
- An initial review of the FY23 budget and student tuition rates;
- An update from UA Interim President Pat Pitney on the Alaska Native Success Initiative;
- Committee reports including an update on fall enrollment; and,
- Updates from university chancellors and governance groups.
Additionally, regents will get an in-depth look into the university’s role in the development of Critical Minerals through the “Did You Know” presentation, which will include work being done at UAA, UAF and UAS on the research, exploration and extraction of these strategic minerals, workforce development for the mining industry, and their importance to the state’s economy and national security.
When: Thursday, Sept. 9 from 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. and Friday, Sept. 10 from 8 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Where: The meeting, with the exception of any executive sessions, will be livestreamed at https://www.alaska.edu/bor/live/.
The meeting agenda is available on BoardDocs at https://www.alaska.edu/bor/agendas/.