Opportunity for Board of Regents Public Testimony on May 26
Alaskans will have an opportunity next month to offer feedback directly to the Board of Regents on issues facing the University of Alaska.
Statewide audio conference public testimony is scheduled from 4-6 p.m. on Tuesday, May 26, 2020. Call 1-866-726-0757 to join the queue for testimony. This public testimony session will be live streamed at: www.alaska.edu/bor/live/.
Public testimony is scheduled to allow public comment in advance of the committee meetings on May 27,28,29 and the full board meeting on June 4-5. These meetings will be held online and can be streamed at www.alaska.edu/bor/live. Agendas are posted at: http://www.alaska.edu/bor/agendas/ at least one week prior to the scheduled meeting dates.
Alaskans can also provide written testimony anytime by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Written public testimony is shared with the Board of Regents and President Jim Johnsen.
How to provide public testimony via audio conference:
- Call 1-866-726-0757 between 4 p.m. and 6 p.m. on May 26.
- When the operator answers, provide them with your first and last name.
- Your call will be placed in a queue and monitored. When it is your turn to speak,
the operator will notify you and transfer the call into the audio conference.
- Upon transfer, introduce yourself: “Madam Chair and members of the Board of Regents,
my name is (your name), calling from (city) then begin your testimony.
- Speak directly and closely into the telephone. Be clear, concise, and logical.
- Comments are limited to two minutes per individual or as determined by the chair.
This is your opportunity to be heard.
- If you say you will provide more information, be sure to follow through.