Upcoming Board of Regents Public Testimony Opportunities
Alaskans will have the opportunity to comment on issues facing the University of Alaska during the Board of Regents full board meeting slated for June 6 in Fairbanks. In-person testimony will be held at 8:15 a.m. on June 6 in room 109 Butrovich Building.
Alaskans can provide written testimony at anytime by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Written public testimony is shared with the Board of Regents and President Jim Johnsen. For more information or an agenda, visit https://www.alaska.edu/bor/agendas/. The agenda will be available the week of May 23.
The public can offer public testimony during a statewide audio conference from 4-5 p.m. on Tuesday, May 28. This public testimony session will be live streamed at: http://kuacii.streamon.fm/.
How to provide public testimony via audio conference:
- Call 1-866-726-0757 at 4 p.m. on May 28.
- When the operator answers, provide them with your first and last name.
- Your call will be placed in a queue and monitored. When it is your turn to speak the
operator will notify you and transfer the call into the audio conference.
- Upon transfer, introduce yourself: “Mr./Madam Chair and members of the Board of Regents, my name is (your name), calling from (city) then begin your testimony.
- Speak directly and closely into the telephone. Be clear, concise, and logical.
- Comments are limited to two minutes per individual or as determined by the chair. This is your opportunity to be heard.
- If you say you will provide more information, be sure to follow through.