Opportunity for Board of Regents Public Testimony on February 10 and 20
Alaskans will have two opportunities this month to comment directly to the Board of Regents on issues facing the University of Alaska.
Statewide audio conference public testimony will be held from 4-5 p.m. on Monday, Feb. 10. Call 1-866-726-0757 to join the queue for testimony. This public testimony session will be live streamed at: https://alaska.edu/bor/live/.
In-person public testimony will kick off the Board of Regents full board meeting from 8:15-9:15 a.m. on Thursday, Feb. 20. The board meeting will be held in Room 109 of the Butrovich Building on the University of Alaska Fairbanks campus.
The regents’ committee meetings will be held on Feb. 13-14 in Fairbanks. The Board of Regents full board meeting will be held on Feb. 20-21 in Fairbanks. These meetings are live streamed at https://alaska.edu/bor/live/.
For more information or an agenda, visit https://www.alaska.edu/bor/agendas/.
Alaskans can also provide written testimony at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Written public testimony is shared with the Board of Regents and President Jim Johnsen.
How to provide public testimony via audio conference:
- Call 1-866-726-0757 between 4 p.m. and 5 p.m. on Feb. 10.
- When the operator answers, provide them with your first and last name.
- Your call will be placed in a queue and monitored. When it is your turn to speak,
the operator will notify you and transfer the call into the audio conference.
- Upon transfer, introduce yourself: “Mr./Madam Chair and members of the Board of Regents,
my name is (your name), calling from (city) then begin your testimony.
- Speak directly and closely into the telephone. Be clear, concise, and logical.
- Comments are limited to two minutes per individual or as determined by the chair.
This is your opportunity to be heard.
- If you say you will provide more information, be sure to follow through.