Nominations open for the Alaska Innovators Hall of Fame
The Alaska State Committee for Research (SCoR) invites interested persons to nominate outstanding science, engineering and technology innovators to be inducted into the SCoR Alaska Innovators Hall of Fame. Nominees selected by SCoR will be members of the 2022 class and will be inducted at the Innovation Summit held in Juneau on March 15-16, 2022. Nominations must be submitted no later than December 15, 2021.
SCoR created the Alaska Innovators Hall of Fame in 2014 to celebrate and honor outstanding individuals who put Alaska on the map as leaders in innovation and to contribute to Alaska’s growing culture of innovation. The University of Alaska is committed to establishing equal educational opportunity and encourages nominations of minority and underrepresented individuals.
The SCoR Alaska Innovators Hall of Fame Selection Subcommittee will review nomination documents and publicly available information about nominees to develop a list of recommended inductees. This list will then be submitted to the full SCoR committee for consideration and selection. The University of Alaska Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs will notify all nominees of their selection status.
Criteria for Eligibility and Nomination Procedure
- Nominees should have demonstrated innovation in creating or facilitating outstanding inventions or lifetime achievements in their field that have made a tangible impact on quality of life, economic development, the environment, the welfare of the people of Alaska and/or a global impact.
- Nominees will be inventors and innovators in the fields of science, engineering and technology.
- Nominees should provide evidence of the impact of their contributions to innovation. Evidence could include patents and licensing, and/or publications, news and articles citing innovative discovery and technology with significant impact on society.
- Anyone can nominate an individual or a team. Self-nominations are not eligible.
- Nominee must have been an Alaska resident for at least one year, or have made a significant demonstration of the innovation’s links to Alaska or have conducted research work in Alaska.
- Nominators may choose traditional/historic inventions even if the name of an inventor is not known.
- Nominations will be accepted from October 27, 2021 - December 15, 2021. The committee reserves the right to hold nominations for consideration in a subsequent
All nominations are due by December 15, 2021. A nominator can nominate a person for election to the SCoR Alaska Innovators Hall of Fame in one of three ways:
- Complete the nomination form found at: https://www.alaska.edu/research/innovators/index.php. (Innovation and its impact, illustration/photos, nominee and contact information, references and evidence of impact) and submit it with the nominee's full CV, and a personal letter of nomination. Additional letters of support will be accepted.
- Nomination packets can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line "2022 Alaska Innovators Hall of Fame Nomination Packet for [nominee's name]"
- All nomination documents, including supporting letters, can be submitted by the nominator in a single packet by mail to SCoR Alaska Innovators Hall of Fame Nomination Committee, c/o University of Alaska Vice President for Academics, Students & Research, P.O. Box 755000, Fairbanks, AK 99775-5000.