Checklist for working remotely
Before heading home, visit OIT’s Checklist for Working Remotely:
- Forward your office phone to cell phone - see specific instructions in Communication Tools
- Grab your stuff. Gather any equipment or books you will need to reference while away
for an extended period of time.
- Set up your Google Remote Desktop. Google Hangouts, Google Hangout Meet. Send invites to those with whom you'll need to connect.
- Set up your VPN connection.
View programs that typically require VPN access
- Test webcam, headphones and audio connections from your remote office location.
- Test your bandwidth connection speed from your remote office location (you will need minimum 60-80 kbps for audio only,
1.5 Mbps for video).
No internet? View connection options.
- Upload any files from your desktop to Google Drive that you'll need while you're away.
- If you regularly connect to a network drive at work, here's how to map to that same drive from a remote office location.
- Create a space to hold video meetings.