How to avoid a Zoombomb while hosting a Zoom session:
Amidst Zoom security concerns, below are four simple ways to help meeting attendees use the Zoom platform with confidence:
- Safeguard the Zoom meeting link - The link is an open invitation to join your meeting and should only be shared with your attendees. Posting the Zoom link publicly like on Facebook is not a good idea! If you think your Zoom session needs to be open to the public, contact your local help desk to discuss options to fit the specific needs of your meeting.
- Use the Zoom app - All UA Zoom users are advised to download the latest version of Zoom and/or update the latest version of the Zoom client.
- Always login to the Zoom app first - Before starting your meeting, make sure you are logged into the Zoom app or the alaska.zoom.us interface - this enables access to meeting controls.
- Manage Security - Once you are in your Zoom session, use the Security icon along the bottom of the session window to access controls to manage screen sharing, the waiting room or to lock the meeting.
- Optimize your online experience: UA Best practices for remote meetings
- Review the Zoom blog which offers many helpful tips
- UA response regarding Zoom Security Concerns
Any questions? As always, your local service desk is here to help!
Anchorage Technical Support Center: (907)786-4646 Toll-Free: (877) 633-3888 email@example.com
Fairbanks Phone: (907) 450-8300 Toll-free: (800) 478-8226 firstname.lastname@example.org https://www.alaska.edu/oit/get-help/
Juneau 907-796-6400 (Helpdesk) 877-465-6400 (Toll-Free) email@example.com