Flexible Spending Account

What is the plan year?
The plan year for both the Medical FSA and the Dependent Care FSA runs from July 1-June 30. All claims must be submitted by Sept. 30 following the end of the plan year.

Who is eligible?
If you are a regular or term-funded employee and eligible to participate in the university’s health care plan, you are eligible to participate in the FSA Plan. Current employees may sign up for a flexible spending account either during open enrollment or within 30 days after a major life event.


How do I enroll?
To become a participant, you must fill out and sign a UA Choice Supplemental Benefit Election form. If you are a new employee, this form should be completed and signed prior to receiving your first paycheck, but no later than 30 days after you become eligible. You may also sign up during open enrollment, which runs from mid-April to mid-May. A new election form must be signed for each plan year. If you do not complete a form, you will not be eligible to participate in the plan until the following July 1, unless you have a major life event.

How much can I contribute?
You may contribute a maximum of $2,550 to a medical flexible spending account. See the enrollment form for the dependent care maximum.

Back to Top