Electing FERPA Directory Hold
The university may release certain directory information to the public on a routine basis unless a student requests, in writing, that the university not release it. Requests for non-disclosure remain in effect until a subsequent written request to release directory information is received.
- Will not have name printed in the published university chancellor's and dean's lists or commencement program.
- Will not have attendance and/or degree verified for employers, insurance companies, etc.
A student's directory information will not be shared or made public while this hold is on the student's account, except to school officials or as otherwise allowed by FERPA. The student can continue to use assistance from the university by phone, online, mail, or email if the student verifies their identity by correctly answering vetting questions while a directory hold is on the student's account.
How to Elect FERPA Directory Hold
To request non-disclosure of information, follow the steps listed below:
- Log on to UAOnline.
- After signing in, click on Student Services & Account Information
- At the bottom of the menu, click on Change Directory Hold Option.
- Make sure to read and understand the choices, and then select Enabled and click on the Update Confidentiality button.
- On the following page, review your choice and click Confirm.