Alaska Innovators Hall of Fame
The Alaska State Committee on Research (SCoR) created the Alaska Innovators Hall of Fame in 2014 to celebrate and honor outstanding individuals who put Alaska on the map as leaders in innovation and to contribute to Alaska’s growing culture of innovation.
Nomination and Selection Process
SCoR invites interested persons to nominate outstanding science, engineering and technology innovators to be inducted into the Alaska Innovators Hall of Fame. Nominees selected by SCoR will be members of the 2017-2018 class. Nominations must be submitted no later than August 1, 2017.
The SCoR Alaska Innovators Hall of Fame Selection Subcommittee will review nomination documents and publicly available information about nominees to develop a list of recommended inductees. This list will then be submitted to the full SCoR committee for consideration and selection. The University of Alaska Vice President for Academic Affairs and Research will notify all nominees of their selection status.
Criteria for Eligibility and Nomination Procedure
- Nominees will have demonstrated innovation in creating or facilitating outstanding inventions that have had a tangible impact on quality of life, economic development, the welfare of the people of Alaska and/or global impact.
- Nominees will be inventors and innovators in the fields of science, engineering and technology.
- Nominators will provide evidence of a nominee’s impact and his/her contributions to innovation. Evidence may include patents and licensing, publications, and news and articles showing innovative discovery and/or technology creation with significant impact on society.
- Nominations may be an individual or a team.
- Self-nominations are not eligible.
- A nominee must have been an Alaska resident for at least one year or have made a significant innovation with a strong link to Alaska.
- Nominators may choose traditional/historic inventions, even if the name of an inventor is not known.
SCoR will select up to 8 inductees each year. SCoR reserves the right to hold nominations for consideration in a subsequent year.
To nominate a person for election to the Alaska Innovators Hall of Fame, please submit the following:
- Personal letter of nomination that describes the nominee’s innovation and its impact, using illustrations and photos as appropriate.
- Nominee’s contact information
- Full CV
- List of references
- Evidence of the nominee’s impact
Supporting letters may be written by individuals in addition to the nominator. All nomination documents, including supporting letters, must be submitted by the nominator in a single packet to the University of Alaska Vice President for Academic Affairs and Research on or before the nomination deadline of August 1, 2017. Packets can be submitted via email to email@example.com, with subject line "2017-2018 Alaska Innovators Hall of Fame Nomination Packet for [nominee's name]" or by mail to SCoR Alaska Innovators Hall of Fame Nomination Committee, c/o University of Alaska Vice President for Academic Affairs and Research, P.O. Box 755000, Fairbanks, AK 99775-5000.