Creating a UAF Web Page
The best place to start planning your website is in your head. Ask yourself some questions:
- What do I want to say?
- Who am I trying to inform (who is my audience)?
- What kind of information will my audience need?
- What is the best way to organize that information?
- Plan your site organization. On a web site, organization is more important than anything else. The best sites on the web are easy to navigate. Assume your user knows nothing about your department (or site) and inform them from the ground up. Give your links logical, obvious names. Map out on paper what you want to include and how it will all fit together.
- Review UAF web guidelines for creating web pages. Below is a quick preview of the most important topics of the Guidelines.
Requirements for All Official UAF Websites:
- Review UAF web guidelines
DO NOT USE spaces, slashes, or backshashes in the html filename. Underline, periods and hypens are allowed.
When you are ready to request your website please fill out Website Request Form