OIT's Website and Service Catalog
The OIT website contains two types of content— content editable within the content management system Roxen and content that is part of OIT's service catalog. OIT's service catalog lives in a secure database and within Cherwell, OIT's IT service management tool. OIT’s service catalog includes information pages about each of OIT's 45 +/- services. OIT users may make updates directly to the Roxen based content within the website, as well as request updates to the OIT service catalog. Both types are subject to the change management process depicted in the OIT change workflow for website and service catalog. The OIT Website Guidelines are also available as a reference when making changes to the OIT website or service catalog. The steps below outline the site and catalog change management process.
Updating the OIT website in Roxen
Making updates to the OIT site in Roxen:
1. After entering edit mode in Roxen, OIT User updates content on OIT website.
2. When ready to save change(s), within Insite Editor, OIT User selects one of two options—"Publish" or "Publish and Approve". These are presented when selecting the green Publish button along top menu bar. Selecting "Publish" merely saves the changes for that user; while "Publish and Approve" submits the change to the OIT Admin Group to continue on with the next step of the change process.
3. With the selection of "Publish and Approve" OIT Admin reviews the change(s) and typically Approves the changes.
4. An email is sent to the OIT Admin group with confirmation of the approval. OIT Admin then notifies the OIT User that the change has been approved.
Updating OIT's Service Catalog
To update any content located in the OIT Service Catalog, including adding a new service category or subcategory, updates to specifics forms, or updates to existing service information, submit a request via Cherwell. The following are request options:
SERVICE GROUP CATEGORY SUBCATEGORY
IT Service Management / Service Catalog / Update category information
IT Service Management / Service Catalog / Add a new category
IT Service Management / Service Catalog / Add a new subcategory/specifics
IT Service Management / Service Catalog / Request a process change
IT Service Management / Service Catalog / Retire a category
For updates to existing content, include in the request the URL where the service index is located on the OIT website, the verbiage as it currently exists on the site, the preferred verbiage, and any other pertinent information. You may be contacted by the OIT Service Catalog Manager if additional information is needed. An email is sent to you with confirmation that the request has been received. An email is also sent to you with notification when the change has been made.
Adding a new service category or subcategory to the OIT Service Catalog
When adding new technology services to OIT’s service catalog:
- Fill out the service index template.
- Submit a Cherwell service request for a new service category be added to the OIT service catalog using the following categorization:
IT Service Management/Service Catalog/Add New Category
The service information is shared with the CITO group for final approval before being added to OIT’s service catalog on the website and within Cherwell.