The University of Alaska is dedicated to achieving excellence through diversity, and actively works to foster an inclusive, welcoming, respectful, diverse community that honors the range of perspectives and experiences of its members.
Policy & Regulation
Explore the University of Alaska’s Board of Regents’ policies on diversity, inclusion, and nondiscrimination:
- Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action: Statement of Intent (See section 04.02.010)
- Nondiscrimination/Discrimination (See section 01.02.020/01.02.025)
Statement of Nondiscrimination
The University of Alaska is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and educational institution.
The University of Alaska does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, physical or mental disability, status as a protected veteran, marital status, changes in marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, parenthood, sexual orientation, gender identity, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
The University's commitment to nondiscrimination, including against sex discrimination, applies to students, employees, and applicants for admission and employment. Contact information, applicable laws, and complaint procedures are included in UA's statement of nondiscrimination available at www.alaska.edu/nondiscrimination.
Applying for Jobs
We strive to create a diverse and inclusive community that reflects the unique heritage of our state. We strongly encourage and welcome applications from everyone, including: women, people of color, Alaska Native community members, those of bilingual and bicultural experience, individuals with disabilities, veterans, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and people who inhabit any of those intersections.
If you have questions related to diversity and inclusion with regards to any job posting, please contact the Talent Acquisition Team.
Diversity, Inclusion and Equity by Campus
For more information about diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives and programming at the campuses, please refer to the below websites, or reach out to the Chief Diversity Officers at each campus.
- University of Alaska System (UA) | Strategic Plan
- University of Alaska Fairbanks (UAF) | Strategic Plan
- Chief Diversity Officer: Kaydee Van Flein (interim)
- Chief Equity & Compliance Officer: Kaydee Van Flein (interim)
- University of Alaska Anchorage (UAA) | Strategic Plan
- University of Alaska Southwest (UAS) | Strategic Plan
- Chief Equity & Compliance Officer: Randy Braby