Set up your Android for Google Apps
Add an account to Gmail (Android)
To use the native Google Apps mail, contacts, and calendar apps on your Android, you need to sign in to your Google Apps account. Instructions below are for users with a Nexus or Google Play edition device running Android 4.2 or higher. If you're using a different device, your setup instructions may vary. You only have to do this once:
1. Make sure your Google-side password is synced in our ELMO system.
2. After clicking the above link, login with Option 1. If needed, you will be prompted to synchronize your password.
3. Open up the Settings menu.
4. Begin account setup.
- Tap Add account > Google to add your Google Apps @ UA account.
5. Select Existing.
6. Sign in.
- To sign in, enter your full Google Apps @ UA email address as your username and the Google-side password which you set in step one.
7. Touch OK to agree to the Terms of Service. The device will sign in to the UA domain. This process may take a few minutes.
8. You may be presented with additional steps giving you the option to join Google+, opt in to Google Play communications, or set up a credit card to purchase Google Play media. You can choose to set these up or touch Not now.
9. After completing these steps, you should see Account sign-in successful. You can choose which services you want to sync to the device.
That's it! You can now use Google Apps from your Android. Just launch Gmail, Google Calendar, or whichever app you want to use.
And going forward, you can change which services can sync with Google Apps on your device at any time by going to Settings > Google > touch your account. If a service you've selected isn't syncing, check with your administrator to make sure that that service has been enabled for your domain.