The University of Alaska
Welcome to the University of Alaska. From its founding in 1917 to today, UA has enabled Alaskans to build Alaska. It has done so through high quality, affordable, and accessible academic and vocational programs.
- The University of Alaska has proudly served Alaska for 100 years through research, teaching, and service.
- We are recognized as the #1 most affordable state university system in the nation.
- We are the #1 producer of workforce in Alaska.
- We are #1 research organization in the state - and the #1 Arctic research university in the world
- A University of Alaska education means not only a good job; it means better health, more civic involvement and more opportunity for success.
Where would you like to attend? We have campuses located across Alaska, from Juneau to Nome, and online programs to reach you where ever you choose to study.
Click on a location on the map below to discover more about our campuses.
UA at a Glance
The University of Alaska System’s three universities (UAA, UAF and UAS) are separately accredited institutions. Twelve community campuses and several regional learning centers round out the system and provide a multitude of educational experiences - urban or rural; large campus or small campus; coastal or interior. The average student:teacher ratio for the largest campuses is less than 17:1. With hundreds of programs to choose from and a robust distance education platform, UA supports a vast array of education and career-advancement goals.