All Hands Meetings
2020 All Hands Meeting and Philanthropy Workshops
The 2020 Alaska EPSCoR All Hands Meeting will take place via Zoom on Nov. 4-5. An agenda is now available.
The meeting will be preceded by a pair of workshops on philanthropic giving, in partnership with the University of Alaska Foundation and Alaska INBRE.
First, the UA Foundation will present on “Navigating Private Philanthropy at UA.” The one-hour session will focus on the process of seeking and accepting private gifts at UA, including the basics of how UA Foundation funds work and who to contact for more information.
Then, Advancement Resources will offer a two-hour presentation entitled “Insight into Private Philanthropy.” The session will explore the variety of ways that non-governmental support can enhance and extend the impact of research, and ways to create opportunities for interested individuals to connect and engage with researchers’ science.
The sessions will take place via Zoom from 8:30 AM- 9:30 AM and from 10:00 AM – noon, respectively, on Wednesday, November 4. Participation in both sessions is free and open to all UA faculty, staff, students and affiliates, including individuals not associated with Alaska NSF EPSCoR.
Attendees must register in advance.
2019 All Hands Meeting
The 2019 Alaska NSF EPSCoR All Hands Meeting took place on the UAF campus October 3-4, 2019. Below are PDFs of all presentations and posters from the meeting.
- Coastal Margins component
- Boreal Fires component
- DEW component
- Project Elements
- Project Evaluation
- Technology Research and Development Center of Alaska (TREND)
- UAF Office of Intellectual Property and Commercialization (OIPC)
- Research Computing Services
- Bargas, Madison, King, S., Lundstrom, N. and Anne Beaudreau. Into the intertidal: Beach seining and quadrat sampling in Alaska’s estuaries.
- Bieniek, Peter, Ziel, R., Bhatt, U. and T. Scott Rupp. Evaluating fire weather indices to support fire management decisions in Alaska.
- Chriest, Jonathan, Bieniek, P., Thoman, R., Ziel, R., Bhatt, U., Young, A., Strader, H., Brettschneider, B. and Alison York. Understanding convective precipitation climatology across Alaska.
- Clement, Sarah, O’Daly, S., Ravelo, A. and Lauren Sutton. Girls on Water 2019.
- Grzesik, Emilia and Teresa Hollingsworth. Effects of severe fire disturbance on black spruce vegetation communities within Interior Alaska: Relationships among plant species diversity, functional traits, and fire.
- Hart, Skye, Kienholz, C. and Eran Hood. Using drones and structure from motion photogrammetry to monitor Mendenhall Glacier’s Suicide Basin, Alaska.
- Hasan, Elizabeth and Brenda Konar. Variation in subtidal community structure along a glacial gradient.
- Horton, Dustin, Munk, J., Jenckes, J., Munk. L., Klein, E. and Sydney Souza. Coastal Margins Kachemak Bay stream characterization using Fourier analysis.
- Jenckes, Jordan, Munk, L., Klein, E., Horton, D. and Sydney Souza. Freshwater flux to the Gulf of Alaska: EPSCoR Coastal Margins Kachemak Bay Stream Team 2019 field summary.
- Johnson, Connor, Hood, E., Bellmore, R., Dunkle, M., Fellman, J. and Mollie Dwyer. Influence of watershed characteristics on stream invertebrate and organic matter density.
- Kilcher, Jennica, Schmidt, J. and Christin Swearingen. Fuel treatments and their effect on ecosystem services.
- Lundstrom, Nina, Beaudreau, A., Konar, B. and Franz Mueter. Nearshore fish community composition along a gradient of glacial influence in Southeast and Southcentral Alaska.
- McCabe, Mary K. and Brenda Konar. Intertidal community structure & function across a glacial gradient.
- Perra, Megan and Todd Brinkman. Using infographics as a science communication tool.
- Smith, Chris, Panda, S., Bhatt, U., Meyer, F. and Robert Haan. Improved mapping of vegetation and fuel type using NASA AVIRIS-NG hyperspectral data, Bonanza Creek, AK.
- Washburn, Marina, Kelley, A., Hardy, S., Iken, K. and Kristin O’Brien. Examining the impact of elevated pCO2 and temperature on the Bidarki (Katharina tunicata) in Alaska.
- Williamson, Emily, Konar, B., McCabe, M.K. and Katrin Iken. Size frequency distributions of Mytilus trossulus in Kachemak Bay.