Publications, Presentations and Posters
Fire and Ice researchers have begun to share their research in the forms of publications, presentations, and posters. Also, please note that publications written with EPSCoR support need to include an acknowledgment. For ACE publications visit individual research components in our archive.
We have a separate page for presentations and posters from the 2019 All Hands Meeting.
Boreal Fires Presentations
- Bhatt, Uma. Towards Developing Useful Seasonal Forecast Products for Alaska Wildland Fire. Alaska Interagency Fall Fire Review, Fairbanks, Alaska, October 9, 2018.
- Bieniek, Peter. Climate-scale predictability and variability of Alaska wildfires. UAF Climate Physics Journal Club, June 2019. (Also available as a video.)
Boreal Fires Posters
- Bhatt, Uma. Seasonal Climate Forecasts Applied to Products for Fire Managers in Alaska. NOAA General Modeling Meeting and Fair, College Park, Maryland, September 10, 2018.
- Bhatt, Uma. Employing Seasonal Climate Forecasts to Develop Useful Products for Fire Managers in Alaska. American Geophysical Union Fall Meeting, Washington, D.C., December 11, 2018.
- Bieniek, Peter, Ziel, Robert, Bhatt, Uma and T. Scott Rupp. Evaluating fire weather indices to support fire management decisions in Alaska. Northwest Climate Conference, Portland, Ore., October 8-10, 2019.
- Bieniek, Peter. Improving Seasonal Forecasting of Alaska wildfires. NOAA Climate Diagnostics and Prediction Workshop, Santa Barbara, Calif., October 23-25, 2018.
- Sampath, Akila. Application of CFSv2 Hindcasts of Canadian Fire Weather Indices to Develop Outlooks for Fire Managers in Alaska. American Meteorological Society Annual Meeting, Phoenix, Arizona, January 9, 2019.
Coastal Margins Presentations
Washburn, Marina and Amanda Kelley. Impact of elevated, variable pCO2 on the Pacific razor clam (Siliqua patula)in Alaska. Alaska Marine Society Symposium, Anchorage, Alaska, January 2019.
Coastal Margins Posters
- Konar, Brenda et al. Alaska EPSCoR Coastal Margins Research. Alaska Marine Society Symposium, Anchorage, Alaska, January 2019.
- Truskowski, Conner, Rudolf, Margaret and Cassidy Phillips. Virtual Reality Modeling of the CRREL Permafrost Tunnel, Alaska. Poster, UAF Undergraduate Research and Creative Activity Day, Fairbanks, Alaska, April 9, 2019.
- Veazey, Pips. Team Science in High Latitudes: Managing Complex Programs. American Geophysical Union Fall Meeting, Washington, D.C., December 11, 2018.