Students to Startups
is a summer (May – August) based internship program in which University of Alaska students are paired with an Alaska startup company.
Internship Program: May to August 2023
Friday, February 3, 2023: 9:30 to 10:30 AM AKST
Recording @ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vau3ax7KsQY
Slides @ PDF deck
Deadline to apply for mixer: Extended to March 10, 11:59 PM AKDT
Students apply for mixer @: https://bit.ly/S2S2023-Intern
Startups apply for mixer @: https://bit.ly/S2S2023-Startup
Mixer event on March 24, 2023: 5 - 7 pm on Zoom
For more information or contact us by email
Looking for a summer opportunity to work with an Alaskan Startup company?
Do you want to gain valuable experience in the world of startups and innovation?
If so, then the Students to Startups program is for you.
Center ICE delivers a summer (May – August) based internship program in which University of Alaska students are paired with an Alaska startup company and together they develop an entrepreneurial project to support the startup’s growth while the student learns about skills for innovation and entrepreneurialism.
Students learn about design thinking, startup funding, intellectual property, customer discovery, path to market strategies, and pitching. Students transition this knowledge into their startup’s work project while growing their own capacity and capabilities for their future opportunities. Through guest lectures, students get to meet other Alaskan entrepreneurs and program leads that assist them growing their network.
For students or startups interested in joining the program, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This program is supported by a grant from the Office of Naval Research.
- Alora Greer - Worked with Kartorium
- Anthony van Weel – Worked with Kartorium
- Nicole Mah- Worked with Telesomm
- Paul James Natcher - Worked with Airhounds
- Rachel Heimke - Worked with Noble Ocean Farms
- Thomas Huntington - Worked with The Roaming Root Cellar and Elevated Oats
- Oscar Hernandez - Worked with The Launch Company
- Jessica Huezo – Worked with Karta Solutions
- Keng Lor - Worked with Karta Solutions
- Joshua MacEachern - Worked with Aquagga
- Zachary Barnes - Worked with The Launch Company
- Phillip Drennan - Worked with Karta Solutions
- Corey Giddings - Worked with Remora and Elevated Oats
- Trisha Jimmie - Worked with Pallet9
- Sarah Olson - Worked with Remora and Elevated Oats
- Solomon Himelbloom - Worked with 907 Financial
- Sarah Walker - Worked with 907 Financial
- Heather Jensen - Worked with AK Seeds of Change
- Gabrielle Camp - Worked with AK Seeds of Change
- Theng Yang - Worked with Barati Medical
- Daniel Luna-Sanchez - Worked with Barati Medical
- Malvika Shriwas - Worked with Culture Story
- Alanna Greenwell - Worked with Culture Story
- DeAnna Lowden - Worked with BeCool Pharma
- Brianna Gilmore - Worked with Coupi
- Meg Waite - Worked with Integrated Mushroom Solutions
- Angie Mendbayer - Worked with Integrated Mushroom Solutions
- Nolan Earnest - Worked with Oranji App
- Kernell Snow - Worked with Learn Grant Writing
- Dain Harmon - Worked with BhaisaPi Tech
- Gerald Montuya - Worked with Barati Medical
- Erin Tolman - Worked with Coupi
- Tristan Craddick - Worked with Coupi
- Angie Mendbayer - Worked with Box Power
- Lars O'Hara - Worked with BeCool Pharma
- Brianna Gilmore - Worked with Coupi
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
A summer (May – August) based internship program in which University of Alaska students are paired with an Alaska startup company and together they develop an entrepreneurial project to support the startup’s growth while the student learns about skills for innovation and entrepreneurialism.
Center ICE will start promotion of the program early each year and setup a mixer event between interested students and startups. They will all meet and work on developing potential internship plans to submit to Center ICE. Interns will then be interviewed based on their plans and evaluated as potential candidates for the internship. To find out more on the process contact us at email@example.com
Any student within the University of Alaska System. For more information and to talk with a S2S program member then contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Any startup company based in Alaska. For more information and to talk with a S2S program member then contact email@example.com
Startups and Interns highlight the benefits to the program
S2S was a much needed opportunity for me. I gained so much confidence thanks to S2S giving me, an inexperienced student, the chance to gain experience that opened more doors for my career 2022 Intern: Alora Greer with Kartorium
This was a transformative experience and a great way to get applicable work experience! My time with Noble Ocean Farms helped me gain skills for my career and credit for my major 2022 Intern: Rachel Heimke with Noble Ocean Farms
An amazing introduction to the thriving entrepreneurship community in Alaska. So much opportunity for new experiences, with a personal drive determining the limitations of what’s possible 2021 Intern: Corey Giddings, UAA student with Elevated Oats
Working with an intern at UAF supported our operations by allowing us to develop more content and educational materials that we simply would not have time to create ourselves. The materials created helped our followers better understand our business and our mission 2022 Startup: Skye Steritz, President and Co-Founder, Noble Ocean Farms