I am sending care packages for the next 10 months to 3 soldiers in the "Sandbox". To one of them I am also sending a female care package for the gals in his unit.
I am looking for magazines less than 2 months old to send in order to keep my personal costs down.
These magazines are being sent to Muslim countries, so the publications can't have alcohol ads, naked or scantily clad people in photos, ads, or articles. 488-4107 AFTER 10 AM (SHIFT WORKER).
Holiday Mail for Heroes
From the front lines to the home front, the American Red Cross provides service members, their families and veterans with the care and assistance they need.
The Red Cross is partnering with Pitney Bowes this holiday season for the Holiday Mail for Heroes campaign. For the second year in a row, we’re collecting holiday cards to distribute to American service members, veterans and their families in the United States and around the world. Pitney Bowes is generously donating technology, resources and postage to make this holiday card program possible.
Our goal is to collect and distribute one million holiday cards to spread holiday cheer and facilitate thanks to these brave individuals and families.
Please send cards to this address, following the guidelines listed below:
Holiday Mail for Heroes
PO Box 5456
Capitol Heights, MD 20791-5456
You can also:
- Download and print a free card.
- Learn about other ways to participate.
- Get the latest news about Holiday Mail for Heroes.
- Watch a video from Red Cross Celebrity Cabinet Members, Dr. Phil and Nancy O'Dell
Please follow these guidelines when mailing a card to ensure that your card will quickly reach service members, veterans and their families. Every card received will first be screened for hazardous materials by Pitney Bowes and then reviewed by Red Cross volunteers working in one of 16 sorting stations around the country.
- All cards must be postmarked no later than Wednesday, December 10, 2008. Cards sent after this date will be returned to sender.
- Participants are encouraged to limit the number of cards they submit to 25 from any one person or 50 from any one class or group. If you are mailing a larger quantity, please bundle the cards and place them in large mailing envelopes. Each card does not need its own envelope or postage.
- Please ensure that all cards are signed.
- Please use generic salutations such as “Dear Service Member.” Cards addressed to specific individuals can not be delivered through this program.
- Please send cards as opposed to long letters which delay a quick review process.
- Please do not include email or home addresses on the cards, as the program is not meant to foster pen pal relationships.
- Please do not include inserts of any kind, including photos, as these items will be removed during the reviewing process.
- All cards received may be used in program publicity efforts, including appearing in broadcast, print or online mediums.
Where to Send Phone Cards, Gift Cards and Care Packages:
Phone cards or gift cards will not be accepted with the holiday cards. Those wishing to send calling cards or gift cards/certificates should go to www.aafes.com, scroll down to "AAFES Community Connection" and click on "Help Our Troops Call Home" or "Gift Cards/Certificates for Our Troops" in order to send such items.
No 'Care Packages' will be accepted at this address. Those wishing to send care packages should go to www.AmericaSupportsYou.com and click under "Homefront Groups" to find out how to send care packages.
LHS Coffee Fundraiser
My daughter's Lathrop softball team is selling coffee as a fund raiser. If interested please contact me. I’ve attatched a flyer with information. I’ll be selling the coffee until 12/3, with a delivery date of 12/17.
My email address is:
and my phone number is: 474-6909
Boiler and water heater for sale
1) Burnham boiler # V-15A-T 139,000 BTU Approx. 16 years old includes Beckett oil burner
# AJ-405005 and Grundfos pump $700.00
2) American water heater, 50 gallons, model # E61-50R-045D Approx. 5.5 years old $100.00
Items are heavy, delivery not included, sorry.
Call Connie at 378-3901
Papers for sale – Epson Inkjet photo paper
Digital photographic services-uaf Rasmuson library
(We’re no longer offering these surfaces. Many were purchased a few years ago, but I believe they should be perfectly fine.)
• 1- Epson Premium Luster -13X19 (50 sheets-S041407) $50 (normally $114.95, plus shipping
• 1- Epson Premium Glossy 11.7” X 16.5” 20 sheets (S041288) (I don’t think any of this has been used at all) $18
• 2- Epson Premium Luster 8.5” X 11” (50 sheets S041405) $17ea. (normally $34.95, plus shipping)
• Also, 1 partial package of same that has 20 or more sheets left, at $4
• 2- Epson Premium Glossy Paper – Borderless 8.5” X 11” (S041465) 20 sheets ( I don’t think any of this was ever used) $5ea. (originally $12.25, plus shipping)
• 2- Epson Premium Glossy Paper – Borderless 5” X 7” (S041464) 20 sheets $4ea. (normally $8.10, plus shipping)
• 1- Epson Premium Luster -13”X 32.8’ roll paper (S041409) $28 (normally $56.65, plus shipping)
• Also, 1 partial package of same (maybe 20% used) $15
• 3- Epson Premium Luster (250) 16”X100’ roll paper (S041737) $59ea. (purchased for $119.00, incl. shipping)
• 1-Epson Premium Luster 10”X100’ roll paper (S041644) It looks like very little, if any of this has been used. I can’t find a price for it, but it should be similar to the roll above this line, so will offer it for $40
• 2- Epson Premium Glossy 8.3”X 32.8’ roll paper (S041376) $18ea. (normally $38.88, plus shipping)
• 2- Epson Premium Luster 8.3” X 32.8’ roll paper (S041408) $18ea. (normally $38.65, plus shipping)
• Also, 1 partial roll of same (maybe 10% left) $2