UA Journey

History of the Presidents' Residence

The president's residence has shifted a few times since 1922 to our present day. The first president's residence was constructed in 1922 by Dr. Charles E. Bunnell, which is one of the oldest, still-standing, structures on the UAF campus. The second residence was constructed in 1954 as part of a deal for then president Ernest Patty. The residence is now the official residence of the UAF chancellor. The current residence was constructed in 1993 and completed the following year.