Description: This studeny housing complex opened in 1972 south of Kuskokwim Way to accommodate married-couples and single-parent students with children. The village is made up of 16 one-bedroom, 48 two-bedroom and eight three-bedroom furnished apartments with a separate recreation center for unit residents.
New playground equipment was installed in August 2002. Other potential projects include re-roofing some of the buildings and the recreation center and re-staining the exterior of all buildings.
Sometime around 1984, the complex was renamed Hess Village, in honor of Luther Hess, who was a member of the Territorial Legislature, and Harriet Hess, who was a member of the Alaska Agricultural College and School of Mines Board of Trustees from 1917-35, and a member of the University of Alaska Board of Regents from 1935-51.
UA Regent:Harriet Hess