UNIVERSITY OF ALASKA myTRACK PHOTO CONTEST
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES/TERMS AND CONDITIONS
CONTEST PERIOD: myTRACK Giveaway begins at 12:01 a.m. Alaska Standard Time on 10/28/13 and ends at 3:00 p.m. Alaska Standard Time on 11/27/2012.
BRIEF INSTRUCTIONS (see Official Rules section for important details)
How To Participate: During the contest period, visit https://www.facebook.com/uasystem or https://www.alaska.edu/stayontrack and follow the on-screen instructions provided to submit a completed online entry form and your photo. Limit one (1) entry per person. Only UA faculty, staff, students and alum are eligible to participate. All entries are final and become the property of the Sponsor upon submission.
1. Have a picture taken of yourself, or take your own photo. If you have someone take your picture, make sure they agree in advance that they will sign any required releases for use of the photo.
2. In the picture, hold up the number of fingers that represent the total number of years you estimate your undergraduate program (certificate, associate or bachelor’s degree) will take you from start to finish. In the case of staff/faculty/alum indicate how long it took you as an undergraduate.
3. Humor and creativity that encourage degree completion is welcome. Off-topic, negative or offensive postings won’t be considered in the final drawing and will be removed from the site.
4. Any UA student, alum, staff or faculty member 18-years or older may participate by posting their own photo, but the winners will have to meet the eligibility rules explained below.
BASIC ELIGIBILITY AND CONTEST RULES:
1. The winning student must be the person pictured in the photo, and must be a degree-seeking student taking at least 1 credit at the University of Alaska in the Fall 2013 semester.
2. The winning student will be chosen at random from all eligible student myTRACK contest entries received at the contest site by 3 p.m. Alaska Standard Time on November 27, 2013.
3. The winning student will receive two round-trip tickets or equivalent in frequent flyer airline miles on Alaska Airlines.
4. The winning alum, staff, and faculty photos will be selected at random. Their department of choice will each receive a $250 prize.
5. To remain eligible, the winners must be able to agree to use of their photo by the Sponsor and must respond promptly when contacted by the Sponsor via the email address provided with the photo when entering the contest. If the person pictured does not respond promptly, or declines or is unable to sign or obtain signatures on required releases, another winner may be selected at the discretion of the Sponsor.
6. Other restrictions may apply. Additional terms and conditions will be outlined in the award letter and official rules. Official rules govern.
These official rules (“Official Rules”) apply to the University of Alaska myTRACK Photo Contest ("Contest") being conducted by the University of Alaska Office of Student and Enrollment Services (Sponsor). Legal notices should be sent to:
UA General Counsel
203 Butrovich Bldg.
910 Yukon Drive
P.O. Box 755160
Fairbanks, AK 99775
- Eligibility : No purchase necessary to enter or win. This Contest is limited to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are UA students, alum, faculty or staff and who legally can consent to these contest rules and other documents. Students also must be enrolled in a UA degree program and must be taking at least one credit at the University of Alaska during Fall semester 2013. The contest is governed by Alaska law, so you must be at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of entry. Do not enter if you do not meet these criteria. Employees of the University of Alaska offices of Student and Enrollment Services and Public Affairs, as well as members of their families (spouses, parents, children and siblings, and their respective spouses) and individuals living in the households of the above, are not eligible for prizes.
- Agreement to Abide by Official Rules & Decisions of Sponsor: By participating, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this contest.
- Contest details : Entries must be received no later than 3:00 p.m. Alaska Standard Time on 11/27/2013. Entering the Contest will automatically register entrant at http://offerpop.com if entrant has not already registered. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means or practices, or by any means which subvert the entry process will be void. LIMIT: One (1) entry per person throughout the Contest Period. You may only use one (1) email address to enter this Contest. If an individual is determined to have submitted multiple entries, the individual will be disqualified.
- Contest Restrictions : The photo submitted must be a photo of the entrant and the entrant must own or be able to secure transfer of all rights to possession and use of the photo. (For this reason, and as discussed in more detail below, photos that contain “third party elements” may be disqualified.) The contest is designed for the limited purpose of assisting sponsor to encourage degree completion. As a result, humor and creativity that encourages degree completion is welcome. However, the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may declare ineligible and remove photos it determines: to be off-topic, negative, or offensive; or that may defame or invade publicity rights or privacy rights of any person, living or deceased or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or property rights, including but not limited to, intellectual property rights. Any entry that includes the name, image, picture or likeness of a third party or element not owned by the entrant including without limitation the depiction of persons, buildings, trademarks or logos (“Third Party Elements”), may be disqualified at Sponsor’s discretion. Entrant warrants and represents that the entrant has obtained consents related to any third party elements and if the entry is not disqualified on this basis, entrant must be able to provide legal releases for use of all such elements by Sponsor in a form satisfactory to Sponsor at the time of prize notification or earlier at Sponsor’s discretion. Sponsor’s right to use the entry shall not be restricted. Sponsor will provide the appropriate release forms to winners at time of prize notification or earlier at Sponsor’s discretion. Entries that are incomplete or do not comply with these Official Rules in any way are subject to disqualification. No correspondence regarding entries will be acknowledged or exchanged with entrants except as provided herein.
- Required Releases & Assignment of Rights: Upon submission of an entry, entrant grants Sponsor the right to use, publish, adapt, assign, edit, dispose of, and/or modify such entry and the concepts and Third Party Elements embodied therein in any way, in any and all media whether now known or later developed, worldwide, in perpetuity, without limitation or approval by or compensation to the entrant or any other person and entrant may be required to sign a release to that effect at the time of prize notification or earlier at Sponsor’s discretion. Submission of an entry further constitutes the entrant’s consent to irrevocably assign and transfer to the Sponsor any and all rights, title, interest and claim including without limitation, all intellectual property, sales, and licensing rights which he/she now has or may have in the future, to the entry, and the concepts and Third Party Elements embodied therein. Entries will not be returned.
- Determination of Winners: On or about December 02, 2013, at 11:00 a.m. all entries received will be reviewed by the Sponsor for compliance with contest rules/eligibility requirements. One student, one staff, one faculty and one alum winner will be chosen at random from eligible entries.
- Prizes: The winning student will receive two round-trip tickets, or the equivalent in frequent flyer miles, on Alaska Airlines. Blackout dates and other restrictions may apply. No prize substitutions, transfers, cash equivalent or assignment of prizes allowed, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. All taxes and other expenses associated with the prize and not specified herein are the Winner’s sole responsibility. The winning alum, staff and faculty members will each pick the UA department of their choice to receive $250.
- Winner Notification: Potential winners will be notified via the email used to submit the entry and will be required to complete and sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release, an IRS Form W-9 (required solely in the case of the student winner), a Publicity Release and other releases at Sponsor’s sole discretion, including without limitation, releases for all Third Party Elements appearing in winner’s photo submission, all of which must be returned within fourteen days of issuance of initial prize notification. Failure to timely respond and provide required documents will result in the prize being forfeited and awarded to an alternate potential winner selected from the remaining eligible entries. In the event that a potential winning photo is not submitted via the pictured entrant’s email address, the email account holder shall have no claim to any prize. The Sponsor is not responsible for lost or misdirected email, and has no obligation to attempt contact with potential winners through other means, even if the Sponsor has contact information for the potential winner.
- Limitation of Liability: By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless all individuals, firms or corporations who could be possible parties in any action arising out of this Contest as fully as though they were specifically listed and named herein, including Sponsor and its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, agents, representatives, officers, directors, shareholders, and employees (collectively, “Releasees”) from and against any injuries, losses, damages, claims, actions, or liability of any kind resulting from or arising from participation in the Contest or acceptance, possession, use, misuse or nonuse of any prize that may be awarded. The Contest and Official Rules shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Alaska without regard to its principles of conflicts of law, and any suit, action or proceeding arising out of or relating to this contest shall be brought in the Superior Court of the State of Alaska located in Fairbanks. Releasees are not responsible for computer, technical, printing, typographical, human or other errors relating to or in connection with this Contest, including without limitation, errors which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the announcement of the prize, the processing of entries or in any Contest related materials; or for transactions that are lost, stolen, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, or illegible entries or postage due mail; entries that fail to enter into the processing system, or are processed, reported, or transmitted late or incorrectly or are lost for any reason including computer, telephone, paper transfer, human or other error; or for electronic, computer, or telephonic malfunction or error, or process of any transaction therein. The Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify individuals or void entries, to modify or suspend the Contest, or to terminate the Contest or a portion of the Contest, and to award no Prizes or such Prizes as it deems appropriate using all remaining eligible entries received as of the termination date. Should the Contest be terminated or modified prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted on http://www.alaska.edu/studentservices/stay-on-track/ Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. As a condition of entering the Contest, entrant agrees that under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or the Prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred but in no event shall cover attorneys’ fees. Sponsor reserves the right to modify prize award procedures.