Senior Year - Getting Ready to Go Checklist
- Do a graduation self-audit and meet with an academic advisor if you weren't able to meet during the spring semester of your junior year.
- Make sure your cumulative GPA is a 2.00 or higher.
- Be certain you will be able to complete all required courses for your major.
- Update your resume and professional portfolio.
- Contact Career Services to discuss employment options and for their list of job fairs.
- Work with Career Services to apply for part-time career-related jobs, internships or community service.
- Attend meetings of professional associations as a student member and network with professionals in your field.
- Apply to graduate or professional schools. Solicit letters of recommendation to accompany your school applications.
- APPLY FOR GRADUATION! Be sure to submit your graduation application during the posted filing period: usually the first two weeks of the semester in which you intend to complete all degree requirements.
- Clear any financial obligations to the university. Don't know if you have any? Check the "Account Summary" link in your UAOnline. A financial hold will prevent you from receiving your diploma.
- Attend the Grad Fair. Be sure to purchase your Grad Pack, cap and gown, graduation announcements and join University of Alaska Alumni Association.
- Make hotel reservations for family and friends for graduation weekend.
- Update your address and other contact information on UAOnline.
- Order your official transcript for your records. Be sure you request it after your degree is posted.
- Congratulate yourself on all that you've accomplished!
For questions or comments regarding this website, contact email@example.com