Strategic Direction Update
March 05, 2012
UAA Kodiak College is the next stop for the Strategic Direction team on March 22. Staff will meet at 10 a.m.; faculty at 2 p.m.; and students at 3 p.m. All meetings will be held on the Kodiak College campus.
The University of Alaska Anchorage will hold its internal stakeholders listening sessions on April 2. Staff will meet at 10 a.m. in room 204 of the Admin/Humanities building. Faculty will meet at the same location at 12:30 p.m. Students will meet in the Student Union North Cafeteria at 2:30 p.m. Alumni will meet at 5:30 p.m. in the same location.
To find out more about upcoming internal stakeholder listening session meetings, click here!
Last week the Strategic Direction team held internal stakeholder listening sessions at the UAF Northwest Campus (Nome) and at UAF Chukchi Campus (Kotzebue). Here are some of the comments from those listening sessions:
- I think that there needs to be a better process in terms of screening and hiring new staff, especially on rural campuses. We know the people in our region best in terms of qualifying them.
- The university needs to revisit professional standards policies in order to align our current hiring practices with those standards.
- Meeting with advisors in person is the best possible scenario when it comes to gaining an understanding of what track to be on. When it comes to an advisor student relationship trust is vital.
- I would really like to have more access to faculty advising opportunities.
- In a rural environment faculty and staff are a body of one. I think we work well together here. But I think that some decisions made from a higher level do have a negative impact on our ability to keep working well together.
It’s easy to take our online survey. All you have to do is
click here , and be a part of “Shaping Alaska’s Future 2017”!
The last listening session for external leaders will be held on March 19, on the UAF Kuskokwim Campus in Bethel.