In Case of Fire or Explosion
- Alert people in the immediate area of the fire/explosion and evacuate the area, and call 911.
- If you have been trained and it is safe to do so, you may attempt to extinguish a fire with a portable fire extinguisher. If you have not been trained to use a fire extinguisher you must evacuate the area.
- Confine the fire by closing doors as you leave the area.
- If the automatic fire alarm has not been activated, activate the building fire alarm system by pulling the handle on a manual pull station.
- Evacuate the building following the procedures listed above.
- Alerts on University of Alaska home page
- Your supervisor, department/college administrator or building coordinator.