Claims & Incidents
With offices in Fairbanks and Anchorage, the University of Alaska Claims Department maintains a staff of highly qualified claims adjusters to assist individuals who have sustained a loss or injury.
In addition, each campus is staffed with professional environmental, health and safety officers who are able to assist with hazards or resolve incidents related to safety issues.
- Any occurrence affecting the UA system resulting in a loss of life or requiring the hospitalization of 1 or more people
- Any declared disaster within the UA system at any campus or facility
- Any situation requiring the implementation of either a campus or UA Emergency Operations Plan, and use of public response agencies
WITHIN 8 HOURS:
- Property damage or loss expected to result in a claim over $10,000
- Any environmental release that is reportable to either a Federal, State or Local regulatory agency
WITHIN 24 HOURS
- All injuries to third parties (anyone who is not an employee)
- Employee injuries requiring a doctor visit or time off work
- All motor vehicle accidents involving UA and a third party
- Any other situation that may give rise to an adverse claim against the UA
- Any official visit by a regulatory agency that involves either a compliance audit or a documented Notice of Violation from that agency