Claims & Incidents
With our office in Anchorage, the University of Alaska Claims Department maintains a staff of highly qualified claims adjusters to assist individuals who have sustained a loss or injury.
In addition, each campus is staffed with professional environmental, health and safety officers who are able to assist with hazards or resolve incidents related to safety issues.
PER UNIVERSITY OF ALASKA REGULATION 05.09.040, PLEASE NOTIFY THE SYSTEM OFFICE OF RISK SERVICES, IN ANCHORAGE, IF ANY OF THE FOLLOWING OCCUR:
- Any occurrence affecting the UA system resulting in a loss of life or requiring the hospitalization of 1 or more people
- Any declared disaster within the UA system at any campus or facility
- Any situation requiring the implementation of either a campus or UA Emergency Operations Plan, and use of public response agencies
WITHIN 8 HOURS:
- Property damage or loss expected to result in a claim over $10,000
- Any environmental release that is reportable to either a Federal, State or Local regulatory agency
WITHIN 24 HOURS
- All injuries to third parties (anyone who is not an employee)
- Employee injuries requiring a doctor visit or time off work
- All motor vehicle accidents involving UA and a third party
- Any other situation that may give rise to an adverse claim against the UA
- Any official visit by a regulatory agency that involves either a compliance audit or a documented Notice of Violation from that agency
IF THIS IS AN EMERGENCY, CALL 911 IMMEDIATELY. DO NOT COMPLETE THIS REPORT AT THIS TIME.
• UA Employee Injuries
• Non-Employee Injuries (Including Students)
• Unsafe Conditions
• Damaged Property
• Damaged Vehicles
For more information, click here