The purpose of the University of Alaska (UA) Executive Records and Information Management Committee is to assess the University’s records management situation and to develop a strategic plan for the establishment and implementation of a comprehensive records management program.
The Executive Records and Information Management Committee will:
1. Initially, meet on an as needed or annual basis to assess, develop, and champion a strategy for records and information management at the University of Alaska.
2. Meet annually thereafter to review the progress of and if necessary refine the strategy to the working groups and subcommittees.
3. Aggressively champion UA’s Records and Information Management programs to others in senior management, to management at all levels, and to personnel through the out the university.
4. Recommend the establishment of systems or techniques necessary to carry out an effective, efficient, and successful records and information management program.
5. Provide oversight of the records and information management program.
6. Review the University’s records and information management programs.
7. Represent the needs of their respective stakeholders.