June 01, 2010
UA Regents to Meet in Anchorage, Honor Mark Hamilton and Karen Perdue
For Immediate Release
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
Regents of the University of Alaska will meet Thursday and Friday, June 3rd and 4th at the Lee Gorsuch Commons on the UAA campus in Anchorage.
Thursday morning the full board is scheduled to be in Executive Session, after which the board will hear reports from President Hamilton and the Chancellors’ Report on Tuition. Public testimony will be held at approximately 10 a.m. Agenda topics include action on the FY11 Operating and Capital Budgets, report on UA performance, update on Distance Education, and presentation of the Academic Master Plan. The full board session will recess after a Resolution of Appreciation presentation to President Hamilton, who has served the university as its 12th President. Committees will then review their items until 5p.m.
The agenda on Friday starts early with the directors of the Alaska State Hospital Nursing Association followed by a Resolution of Appreciation presentation to Karen Perdue, who has served as Associate Vice President for Health Programs. Public testimony will be heard at approximately 10 a.m. All board committees will meet and there are many action items listed for discussion.
Academic and Student Affairs
* Approval of Associate in Applied Science in Drafting Technology - UAF
* Approval of Bachelor of Science in Dental Hygiene - UAA
* Approval of Revisions to Regents’ Policy 10.02.040.D, Community and Technical College - UAF
*Acceptance of the UA Foundation FY11 Operating Budget
Facilities and Land Management
* Project Approval – Tanana Valley Campus Center Space Revitalization Phase 4
* Project Approval – Engineering Planning
* Adoption of UAF Campus Master Plan
* Adoption of UAA Community Campus Master Plans
* Approval of FY11 Natural Resources Fund Expenditure Plan
* Debt Approval for Life Sciences Project Cont. Design and Site Prep. - UAF
* Approval of FY11 Student Government Budgets
The afternoon will be wrapped up with reports given on the Alaska Commission on Postsecondary Education, UA Foundation and UA Athletics.
For more information, call Kate Wattum at 907/450-8104 or 907/699-3359.